The most important pillars of technologically developed company, such as OMS, are research and development of high quality.
For the purpose of constant improvement we have initiated close cooperation of Department of microelectronics (Faculty of electrical engineering and information technology, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava) with other activities (LED Academy, cooperation of Department of industrial design and Department of Lighting Technology). On the occasion of 50th anniversary of Department of microelectronics foundation, we also celebrated LED Lab opening after a half year study of project “Academic field and Industry Connection”.
LED Lab serves the purpose of:
- New technical intelligence training which concentrates on solution of design issue, electronic control and new LED luminaire characterization by electric and optic methods;
- Methodical development of intelligent system design of lighting control and new function standard formation of LED lamps for concrete application;
- Support of mutual research and development-application activities in field of organic LED (OLED);
- Preparation of academic and professional contributions, their presentation for experts and also ordinary people through professional forums or conference, contribution in magazines, almanacs or through use of web applications;
- Giving patents in compliance with obtained results in field of LED and OLED development, research and application;
- Presentation of OMS social responsibility for development and education in mutual lab area and in area of Slovak University of Technology.
OMS provided total lab reconstruction and invested in purchase of needed devices. Our Elite products Indirect Vega LED (versions: Basic, Blue Decorative, RGB Decorative) and Modul Ray Tunable White are in a role play of lab lighting. The whole lighting is assimilated to wide spectra lighting study, which DALI offers.
Entrance area of lab is lighted up with our latest LED Spots (Track Lotus, Track Avior Advanced, Track Cube, and Track Air) which throw light on their own “anatomy” on illustrated posters. Lab visitor has possibility to acquire knowledge from basic lighting terms (luminous flux, white colour light temperature, CRI, etc.) through construction and functioning of luminaires, up to realisation and practical use (mode of lighting scene, setting of required light temperature, etc.) of the newest lighting system.